Tuesday, January 15, 2013

new direction


“A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.” ~Dr. Peter Marshall

As a collector of quotes, every once and awhile I find one that ignites a fire and deeply inspires me.  Such is the case with the powerful quote, above.

I think it’s the perfect way to describe the fun, new direction I plan to take the free to be yoga tees® blog.  I am fueled by my passion for the environment and wildlife, and I plan to begin using this blog more to dive into such topics.

While I will still certainly blog about the tees from time to time, I envision using this blog to tie in the bigger picture of what I hope to do with free to be yoga tees®--use them as a platform for change.

With climate change in the headlines daily; controversial topics like drilling in the Arctic, fracking and the Keystone XL pipeline heating up; more and more species facing the threat of extinction--the time was now to step up and use my voice.

Yes, I am just an average person with no real background in any of this--just interested and believe educating others on what is going on and how we can all collectively make a difference is vital to a better world.  I don’t pretend to know it all and I certainly have room for improvement, but as I learn more on my journey to live a greener and more meaningful life, why not take others along for the ride.  :)

As Steve Jobs once said, “...the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.”

So here we go....time to be the change!

Until next time...


Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment