Wednesday, January 30, 2013

the power of one


"Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do, it bears your signature." ~Thich Nhat Hanh

I came across an article within the last week about a 10-year-old boy in California who started his own recycling business after learning about the importance of recycling on Earth Day at his elementary school several years back.

Wanting to make a difference, he started riding his bike around his community picking up trash and taking it to the local recycling center.  In addition, as his business continued to grow, this young entrepreneur started to donate some of his proceeds to charity because he said: “every little bit matters.”

This story warmed my heart and filled me with hope.  I decided to Google search and see if there were any similar stories, and was delighted to find quite a few!  What a wonderful thing to know that children across the world believe they can be the change and are doing something about it!

This reminds me of a quote that I am quite fond of and that can be found on one of my free to be yoga tees® styles--it’s a Gandhi quote that says:  “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.”  The story above reaffirms how true this is--we all have the power to do good in the world.  Each and every one of us.

Until next time...

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment